‘TWO OR MORE’ LUNCH
Will meet Thursday, Dec. 7, at the Gulf Bowl Captain’s Choice Grill at 11:30 a.m.
Delicious food, reasonable prices and great conversation. Come and meet new friends.
Please RSVP if you know in advance you will be joining us — but if you don’t, we always have
room for more at the table. Contact Lee Mansell.
BUTTERFLY GIRLS • GUYS’ NIGHT OUT
Thursday, Dec. 21, 6:30 p.m. at O’Charley’s: A gathering of ‘holiday leftovers’
(Please note location change)
Because several of the usual attendees of Butterfly Girls and Guys’ Night Out are going to be traveling or have other obligations, our previously planned December gathering at Wintzell’s Oyster House in Fairhope is canceled.
However, not all of us are going anywhere and/or do not have family to gather with for the Christmas holiday, so Mary McNair is coordinating for any and all who are going to be around and would like to share an early Christmas dinner out. Please call or text Mary at 251-295-5267 by 4 p.m. that day if you know you’re coming so adequate table space can be reserved. (A few extra chairs will be reserved for any last-minute deciders.)
INTENTIONAL FAITH DEVELOPMENT
SWIFT CHURCH CONFIRMATION CLASS
Inspiring, resilient faith
Students explore what it means to be Presbyterian and how to live out their confirmation promises.
There will be no confirmation classes Dec. 10–31.
Classes resume Jan. 7 and will continue each Sunday into the spring.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN EDUCATION REPORT
Tara Morrow, elder
The youth enjoyed the trunk-or-treat/fall festival held in October along with the fish fry where they collected over $500 toward the cost of camps and conferences next year.
A youth bonfire is planned for Dec. 17 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the church. More information will be sent to those involved. This group is for students in sixth through 12th grade.
“Kids’ Club” has changed its name to “SWAG.” It stands for “Saved With Amazing Grace.” This group is for grades 1–4.
BIBLE STUDY AND FELLOWSHIP GROUPS
FOR ADULTS AT SWIFT CHURCH
We are so blessed to have so many people who would like to be part of Bible study and fellowship at Swift Church. Here is a listing of the groups currently meeting. All of them are open to people visiting and/or joining the group, whether you are a member of Swift Church or not. For more information, contact the leaders or the church office.
• Sundays, 9 to 9:45 a.m., adult Sunday School class, Andy Lay room, a chronological study of the New Testament, led by Cheryl Jensen and Anthony Kaiser.
• Sundays, 9 to 9:45 a.m., Coffee with Keith class, fellowship hall, studying spiritual disciplines using the book Flunking Sainthood, led by Pastor Keith Cardwell.
• Sundays, 5:30 to 6:45, Sunday night Bible study, Andy Lay room, studying Jeremiah, led by Pastor Jody Beth and Philip Melton, 251-213-6625.
• Thursdays, 10 to 11:30, Thursday morning Bible study, Andy Lay room, studying Jeremiah, led by Pastor Jody Beth and Philip Melton, 251-213-6625.
• Thursdays (first Thursday of month), 11:30 a.m., “Two or More” fellowship lunch at Captain’s Choice Grill at the Gulf Bowl in Foley on Juniper Street. Contact is Lee Mansell.
• Thursdays (second Thursday of month), 1 p.m., Sack Lunch and Fellowship, fellowship hall. Bring your own sack lunch and enjoy Christian conversation. This is a new group, started by six people who attended Cursillo #36, and is open to everyone. Contact is Sue Johnson.
• Thursdays (third Thursday of month), 6:30 p.m., Butterfly Girls and Guys’ Night Out fellowship dinner at area restaurants, different place each month. Sometimes men and women eat at same restaurant at separate tables, sometimes two restaurants near one another. Contacts are Daryl and Susan Pichoff..